U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: ULF Film Source(s)?

Re: ULF Film Source(s)?

Schuyler,
you may want to try some lith film, Ultrafine has .007 lith film inexpensively. (Same thickness as regular film) with some light yellow filtration, the image gets pretty close to the same look as pan film, I develop in D76 1:5 for about 4 or 5 mins (develop by inspection) inexpensive, and virtually no grain, slow as dirt, but as cheap as it is, I can live with that.

erie

Schuyler Grace wrote:

Who(m) are folks on the list using as a source for ULF film, now that JandC has bitten the dust? I’m about out of the last 7x17 tmax I ordered from them, and I figured it would be better to start worrying now than when I’m completely out. I know I can get other film brands/types in this format from various sources, but I’d rather stay with what works for me (without financing a whole production run by Kodak).

And while I’m sort of on the subject, enquiring minds want to know exactly what happened to JandC. The last message I read on their Website said something about problems with lawsuits, but that they’d still be around to special order oddball film. Now they’ve apparently disappeared into the ether…

Thanks!

-Schuyler