U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Inkjet negs: Pigment vs. Dye, etc.

Re: Inkjet negs: Pigment vs. Dye, etc.

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Inkjet negs: Pigment vs. Dye, etc.
  • From: Keith Gerling <keith.gerling@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:08:33 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;bh=eB1EnBSyg9MKJmo7Sv8oFjiTLyBcImi0ZGes5Hb59yE=;b=Dd9Hmy0GlmY6u/+4GR6lgnyF8dOTbK58UCsLXw9dkxy0boFeKK4uvzYO3F0MYMWblTOhqmtNH7ZeR56gUun83p1PH7p4hX1yIy967bWi3oa2V2q2L8ojyjQAd56qO+R/ZVd4NGot7oeisTNusRnSib7i3z3SUYfIrMhLkhxUnKk=

Hi Don,

Thanks for the input.  I'll check out that article in View Camera.

Back when I started using inkjet negs there was no Pictorico, so I always used paper.  My method is to clamp a clothes iron in a vise, heat it up, and then pull the negative across the hot iron with a block of paraffin on the other side.

Keith