U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: ink jet

RE: ink jet

What does B&W mean to YOU?  Some might think one particular color range;
neutral, sepia, etc.  I believe that your B&W printing station should be
able to give your students access to split tone printing, warm, neutral, etc
all in one place. This is especially true if you only have one printer. Will
there be several? This might play a roll in what RIP you buy if you buy one
at all.

Dedicated ink sets can be a blessing or a curse. Perhaps you can find some
used printers instead of one new printer and offer several ink sets, or stay
with one and use color set for B&W printing.

With either well made profiles, or a good RIP high quality B&W prints can be
generated from that location.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street