U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Bichromated Wash Drawing from 1 9 5 4

Re: Bichromated Wash Drawing from 1 9 5 4

NOTE:

''This interesting variation of the gum-bichromate process is
particularly suitable for obtaining large pictures, by printing under large negatives.

Apparently the "large picture" in 1954 was 9x5" !

development may be localized as required by bringing the vaporizer nearer. Development takes about 20 minutes for a surface 9'' X 5'' which has been correctly exposed. ''
Thanks, John, for the formula -- apparently not in my edition of 1944, but it inspires me to check two "Pigment Processes"
chapters... For instance, the index mentions ""commercial gum bichromate papers."

J.