U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: peeling the apple + "American Photography"

Re: peeling the apple + "American Photography"

We might as well face it, Alternative Process Printing is now passé. Better
plan on adding a chapter for PS plugins to the Gum book!

In one sense, yes . . . students take to it initially for it is "hands on" and NOT
digital. Whether they follow up w/the praxis depends upon their success. If they
are in a studio program emphasizing such use rather than one which is more
philosophical that exemplifies theory over visual manufacture I'd say the digital
would win the game of how best to make one's vision palatable in the 2D format.

In another sense, no . . . look at this group of some 600 strong. And, there are
many more out there desiring to practice the historical processes.

My 2 centimes worth.

Jack