U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Measuring DMAX

Re: Measuring DMAX

Title: Re: Measuring DMAX
Somewhere I have a device marketed by Kodak many years ago. This is a sheet of card, rather like a grey-card but printed with patches of different reflection density. Each patch has a hole in it, so you can place it over a print, find the matching density and read off the value. Fairly crude, but effective – not least because when you do the match, both the print and the reference are in the same illumination. Must be thirty years old, and if you give me a week or two I might even be able to find it!

Henry