U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: UVPlotter project

Re: UVPlotter project

Francesc,

Interesting idea—I am sure others have thought of this.

A couple of thoughts.

1.  An exposure time of 16-48 hours is going to be a big problem for some processes.  For example, with some processes, the coated paper will change change speed over the duration of the exposure.

2.  Machines that use lasers (Lightjet) and LED's (  Chromira)  are pretty expensive.  They are also difficult to keep in allignment.  If not kept in allignment they have some of the same banding problems that inkjet printers have.

Not to discourage you at all.  You may come up with something that will have us all drooling!

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Precision Digital Negatives
PDNPrint Forum @ Yahoo Groups