U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: VueScan: (was: Re: Measuring DMAX

Re: VueScan: (was: Re: Measuring DMAX

On Feb 1, 2008, at 8:46 AM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

Thanks, but not true; my three numbers are all different; I've never gotten three identical numbers, either in 8 bit or 16 bit, or even in 1 bit! They generally range over 6 or 8 points, but sometimes as much as 12 or 15.

I was half asleep when I wrote this; by "6 or 8 points" I meant, like for instance a point I'm looking at now (in 8 bit black and white mode) that gives me these three values: .90 .94 .98.