U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Anthotypes

Re: Anthotypes

liz,
I have done quite a bit of natural dying for fiber and have a number of sources of herbs, roots , nuts and berries that woiuld be gereeat for anthrotypes.
--
Peg Fredi

About 35 years ago I purchased two Ugandan bark paintings: a dark red pounded flat bark painted on with some sort of black dye/paint. The black color has faded quite a bit and I've thought of using poison oak juice to 'repaint' the geometric
design. Do any of us know of other natural dyes to produce a nice black . . if you would like to see more I can send anyone a small JPEG of the painting, which is about 30"x50"

The post by Peg above made me ask . . sorry if it is a bit off-topic

Jack