To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 7:39 AM
Subject: facial tanners for UV light?

I spent my first day making cyanotypes yesterday and was having a great time and feeling like I was making real progress. Then I started losing the sun before I was ready to quit for the day. I had read an article on the alternativephotography.com website that mentioned using a "facial tanning solarium" and am ready to buy one in order to print when I have time, rather than just sunny days. I want to be sure to get something that will work, and not sure of what technical requirements to look for. I have seen several models advertised on the internet with four 15w UV bulbs. Does anyone on this list use some type of "facial tanner" for exposing prints? Any advice on brand, model or features - just switch it on and off, right? Is there a better way to go for just occasional printing?

Thanks for any help.

Gregg Kemp
gregg@roanokesound.com
http://www.greggkemp.com