U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: curves and gum and Christopher James book

Re: curves and gum and Christopher James book

Hi Henry,

Sorry about the delay in replying. I'm down-under at the moment so your sleep is my awake.

My work-flow when applying this curve is as follows:-

open image and adjust to taste in RGB colourspace

Split the channels

Select first channel to work with

convert to RGB

'apply image' with layer set to multiply

apply adjustment curve

invert to negative

print

This results in a negative with much less contrast generally when compared to the same image with the curve applied to the negative. This is what works for me for SOME images.

I hope this helps

Regards

David