From: SusanV [mailto:susanvoss3@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 10:05 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Replacing my old 1280 with....?

Hi all,

I just posted this question at Hybrid, but also wanted to toss it out here,
'cause I need all the advice I can get.

I haven't been around here much 'cause i've been working on an exhibition of
my paintings these past few months, but now that's hanging, and I'm itching
to get back to making some digital negs and photogravures. I'm also ready
to replace my old 1280 printer.

I'm thinking about the Canon 9000, 9500, or maybe even an Epson 3800.

What I want to print:

1.... colorized digital negatives with PDN, for making photogravure printing
plates. (My Epson 1280's inks worked great for the degree of UV blocking I
need.)

2... "giclees" (i hate that word), of my paintings. Full color on matte surface
fine art papers. Of course I want rich darks, which I worry about on a matte
paper...

3... and finally, I'd like to make some b&w prints of some of my photos as well,
which I will likely work into with paint or ink or whatever.

I've been reading every review and forum post I can find about these and
other printers, but I'm more confused than enlightened. There's just too
much conflicting info, and a lot of outdated info as well. Any advice you'd be
willing to offer would be SO appreciated. I'm ready to order it asap, but I
need your guidance on what will work best for me.

thanks!
Susan
--
Susan Daly Voss