U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | HP D7260 printer opinions?

HP D7260 printer opinions?

Well, my lovely Epson R1800 printer just sent me an error message essentially saying "goodbye, buy a replacement. " I have sent for a replacement waste ink tank and chip resetter, but hold out little hope.
I can't begin to replace it so I have looked at cheaper alternatives. So far I have not been able to find anyone who will let me print on the HP D7260 but the printed specs seem like it might work. Does anyone have any experience with this printer? How about recommendations in the $100 price range?
Thanks, Charles Portland OR