U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: LC-1 developer question

Re: LC-1 developer question

At 12:32 AM 3/28/2008, you wrote:
From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: LC-1 developer question
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 23:20:21 -0700

> I still suggest warming the solution to see if it will go
> back into solution. I have also heard that adding about an
> ounce of rubbing alcohol per liter will help it go into
> solution, worth a try because if the developer is already no
> good it can't hurt.

I think warming the solution and continuous agitation is most
useful. A small amount of alcohol is probably not going to
help much.

Snipping...
Thanks, this is the first real explanation of why there are problems dissolving Metol in sulfite solutions. The alcohol was a suggestion of another chemist, I've never tried it.
Its curious that Sprint, who advertises their wares as being environmentally friendly and safe for institutional use should use a known carcinogen. Oh, well.
BTW, I usually read your posts first when they appear in a list.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA