From my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2008, at 2:28 PM, Dan Haygood <dan@haygoods.org> wrote:

Yes, I agree.  Large prints have made their way into many homes as a showcase piece of artwork.  It has put photography in a place were it is being noticed.  Look in interior design magazines and they all have large scale photographs hanging on the walls of the homes they are featuring. Small images create a more intimate feel and are displayed in settings that the viewer can get close to.  In other fine arts, one will always find a diversity of sizes of images that reflect what the artist is trying to impress upon the viewer.  Why should photography be confined to a small scale?

Susan

From: Jon Lybrook [mailto:jon@terabear.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 12:15 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Photogravure was: Re: SPE and alt update

Mr. King,

Wee little prints are just fine for the right image, as are huge ones.  I hope and trust no one ever curses you and things you've devoted yourself to doing in an ugly and boorish manner.

Regards,
Jon

Sandy King wrote:

Yes, is it not a fact about big. I am so tired at this fad with huge prints I want to vomit. I hope the people making those huge prints never sell a one of them and have to build new storage rooms to hold them until their descendants destroy the atrocities.

Now, a nice 5X7 contact print, there is something to hold close to your eyes and treasure.

Sandy