U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Seeking: (1) orange LED safelight, (2) wire coating rod

Re: Seeking: (1) orange LED safelight, (2) wire coating rod

From: Don Sweet <don@sweetlegal.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Seeking: (1) orange LED safelight, (2) wire coating rod
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:52:57 +1200

> I wonder if nichrome wire is inert.  If so, it has a
> potential secondary use as a gentle heating element if you
> put a low current through it.

I actually thought along that line before. If it were a
regular color blind emulsion, that may be fine, but I am
reluctant to do that for an infrared sensitive emulsion.
Plus, it's more effective to warm the plate rather than the
rod.

I talked to an engineer today. He suggested to look FSC Direct
or Small Parts catalogue for threaded plastic rods. I wonder
if Martin already looked there before.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"The truth that I am seeking is in your missing file."