RE: fogged digital negative?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: RE: fogged digital negative?
- From: EJN Photo <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:46:53 -0500
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:References:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE;b=h+EjZ20039UDDmuiyOCiJ3nTOs72wXgGDaOvfcmTv9g9EE64kpfHaCA1rQOvS8C2w8dg9BdNICVfPJxMK4yyB/Gt+uh0LSBuHVah1tIKWSVcWCejQT2LaRHbZQX6U/7wc9a3wrka123Na2JlhA1Xy4qeFedmV3CJ26FHjKjsFss= ;
- In-reply-to: <7EE72B09-0214-486A-AD2A-5E77758FC45B@roanokesound.com>
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <email@example.com>
- References: <7EE72B09-0214-486A-AD2A-5E77758FC45B@roanokesound.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: Acic24AKAyQsfkuPQDusT0LVqPPDhAAAsqWQ
Greg, What material did you use to make it? Inks?
Eric Neilsen Photo
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
From: Gregg Kemp [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2008 3:25 PM
Subject: fogged digital negative?
I was printing some cyanotypes today and one of my digital negatives
seems to have "fogged". I've printed with this negative 3-4 times
before, with fairly consistent results. But today it added a dark
ring around the print. When I looked at the negative, it looked OK on
the inkjet side, but the other side had a strange, silvery fog to it.
The effect was to lighten the negative and print out darker around an
area about 6 inches in diameter.
Is this a normal problem for a digital negative - a short life span?
Or did I do something wrong - maybe use it too soon after printing the
negative. I don't remember how long I waited before using it to make
a print. But I've used it several times over several weeks. I'll
make another negative, but just wanted to check here to see what I may
have done wrong. The negative requires a 9 minute exposure for the
cyanotype and paper I'm using. I'm printing with a UV lightbox that's
around 26 x 20 inches or so, and about 4 inches from the bulbs.