U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: fogged digital negative?

Re: fogged digital negative?

Gregg,

I know exactly what you mean.
This problem happened to me several times with both the Pictorico and the Agfa Copyjet.
The only way I found to overcome this, was to let the OHP to dry for several days without any permanent contact with any other surface, like a film sleeve.
I think that the problem is in chemical interaction with with the ink with and the paper before the negative is completed "cured". When I said several weeks I mean at least two weeks.
If I don't respect this drying period I'll notice some funny "fogging " patterns that fit perfectly with the contact zones of the OHP film with the paper.

My DN's are printed with the Epson 2200.

I hope this helps

Manuel Gomes Teixeira