U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Seeking Information on 2 problems with Gum process

Re: Seeking Information on 2 problems with Gum process

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Seeking Information on 2 problems with Gum process
  • From: Keith Gerling <keith.gerling@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:29:17 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;bh=lQL7sLOoMGaIHPzEmCbe2IGgGmllxCW00f1zrIRaehk=;b=C0L9Ojdj1rlSXzA0LPVhLY/UrrL072hMXlZK6GapGwdeeLBwSd6/I3l5QGFdKQnvAJC51pyAxvyvzMAnD1oChnoVEnYgv/esQ7aCBc2vSv4rzG+tsOoVx0DHCtgFLeC853L9T3A4rsxB7KmbYL7P2fUNndKtUUpUk7ESQUPNT1E=

As my well-water is somewhat alkaline, the cyanotype layer bleaches
out slightly during the subsequent gum stages.  My approach is to
overprint the cyano layer to the point where it is much too dark, and
then to bleach it back to where I want it when the gum is finished.  I
use dilute ammonia.