U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Printing negatives with Piezography black inks

Printing negatives with Piezography black inks

  • To: alt- photo-process <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
  • Subject: Printing negatives with Piezography black inks
  • From: Erich Camerling <e.camerling@tiscali.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 20:23:29 +0200

Dear members,

Since the first of May I have exchanged my original Epson-inks for Piezography inks on my Epson Stylus Photo R 1800.(the reason:the UV density of these Epson inks (UltraChrome high gloss) is too low for Pt negatives).
I have used QuadToneRIP to print a test negative with densities from 2 to 100 % (in 2% rising densities).The film is AGFA CopyJet (~Pictorico) and ColorGate.
But before I can test the UV densities in practice,worse luck !,I can wipe off the Piezography ink very easy with the top of my finger.
Am I doing something wrong ? If yes : what ...?
How do you use Piezography K7 ink on film like Pictorico without the problem of whiping off it easy ?

Erich Camerling