To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: Flattening Paper- Mini Tutorial

John wrote:
Without this key the paper would release too easily from the support and this would defeat the aim of the operation which is to keep the paper stuck down through multiple coatings and cold soak developments used in Gum and other processes.
END QUOTE

I'm having a hard time with this thread-- here's what I'm absorbing:

Stick the paper down with gelatin to the plexi and dry it. Then it stays there through multiple coatings, exposures and washings (plexi and print go into the bath). i.e. -- it NEVER (not once) comes off the plexi again until the end??

Is that right? (I find this hard to believe- which is why I'm asking for help even at the risk of being considering a bumbling idiot!)

Clair