U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: water treatments (was Re: Agyrotype)

Re: water treatments (was Re: Agyrotype)

Hi,

see below:

Ryuji Suzuki wrote:
snip

Anyway, if you want clear solution of silver nitrate, use
deionized water or triple or double distilled water. How much
that cloudiness affects the image quality is a separate
question for which I do not have answer. In case of silver
gelatin emulsion making, it does make difference.

I am getting my act together to start making my own dry plates coated with my own emulsion. What is this difference that you refer to???? I need some clarification here??? Is it better to use deionized water or distilled water? I'm not sure which aspect of silver gelatin emulsion making you are referring to.

Cheers,
Bogdan

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"The truth that I am seeking is in your missing file."