U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Correction: Galina Manikova: June 4 - June 29, Sparkill, NY

Correction: Galina Manikova: June 4 - June 29, Sparkill, NY

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Correction: Galina Manikova: June 4 - June 29, Sparkill, NY
  • From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 23:31:30 -0400 (EDT)

Heard from a friend who got to the preview that Galina's show was as fine as expected, tho I had some of the info wrong:

The four walls of work were each done (and shown) in a different country: Holland, Norway, China, and New York. (New York is apparently not officially a country, but... what do they know?)

The portraits are from letter-size negatives made on Galina's laptop, which is all she takes with her.

Print treatments vary: including van dyke brown, cyanotype on silk (made in China), and paint overlays, among other treatments.

(845)359-1263 or www.theartstudentsleague.org for travel info.

PS. I also understand that the old estate, Victorian house, etc. formerly home of Vytlacil Unpronounceable, are charming.

J.