U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Grainy Kallitype

Re: Grainy Kallitype

Dan,

The Vandyke process uses a single sensitizer which I measure out with a syringe. I'm using around 1 ml for a 5x10 image, so I'm not sure how that compares to measuring in drops. I also do two coatings, as there is a noticeably better dmax. I  always found that Stonehenge was very consistent paper, but I'm doing Vandyke's not Kallitypes. I'm not sure I know what 'graininess' looks like, perhaps you can scan and post an image on a website for us to see?

david