U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gum question - posting images

Re: gum question - posting images

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: gum question - posting images
  • From: cadunn <cadunn@vt2000.com>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 05:41:21 -0400

Hi all -
Sam corrected Diana about attaching images -- and someone else wished for a site for posting images (sorry, can't remember who).

I am a web designer and have hosting facilities -- I would be happy to supply such a place for this group (it's something I myself would love to have so I could see! Umm - pictures are (at least here) worth a thousand words!

As long as we keep it simple I'll keep it up and maintain it. And, to that end, here are some basic rules to start with -- flexible in the future depending on what happens):

1. All files jpg
2. 700k or less (I'm in the boonies and don't have broadband)
3. limit 3/month per list participant (if I get inundated this will have to change)

No design whatsoever (in keeping with the "style" of this list). And, this is not an offer that will provide a "website" for your images. It is simply a bulletin board FOR THIS LIST ONLY.

Just a simple index page with links to images
(artist process filename)

When you post a link in the list, it will be to your image, like so:

http:// www dot domainname dot org / filename dot jpg

And, if this goes ahead, and when we have a collection, I will organize them according to process.

I will close the site to robots and spiders and have no SEO in it. You can tell me if you want right-click disabled or not (as a group)--NO=right-click is enabled and you can "steal" the images,
YES=right-click is disabled (this protects against theft from only the dumbest thieves == but there are a lot of those!)

Okay - that's it -- now standing by for feedback!

FYI - this is a legit offer -- I'm legit -- see below:

Clair

--
Digital Photography: http://www.turboeyes.com
Member: SAA, ASPP