U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Daguerreotype Deterioration

Re: Daguerreotype Deterioration

Instead of the riskfull adventure of the restoration
I suggest some conservation, to stop that deterioration
process. To make this You need to replace the recent
sealing to a new and better, to protect the plate from
the oxidous gases of the air. Another suggested change
to make a layer between the plate and the copper mat,
from photosafe paper, because the the contact of the mat
and the silver layer is also a source of deterioration.

See more on my homepage:
Daguerreotype Installations and the Conservation
4. 4. American ie English type

http://archfoto.atspace.com/dagins ten.html

and in the conservation section of the links:

http://archfoto.atspace.com/altfotolink2.html#Konzerv

Flesch Bálint

http://archfoto.atspace.com/
http://archfoto.freeblog.hu/