U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Linearize or tone (gamut) mapping

Linearize or tone (gamut) mapping

Hi,

I ask you not to trust me and of course don't trust blindly anyone else
either. I suggest you do a search on google for "gamut mapping algorithm" or
whatever you can think of and find out for yourself how it's done for color
management.

If you find something from a reliable source that looks remotely like what
you do for your digital negs (linearization) please give me the reference. I
ask you all, because I haven't found anything suggesting that's the way they
do it in the color management world. May be I just didn't look at the right
place.

I almost forgot, because of the way I'm considered on this list and I'm not
saying I don't deserve it, I know I do and why, you can write me off list
(gauvreau-yves@cgocable.ca) this way no one will associate you with me.

Thanks in advance,
Yves