U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Linearize or tone (gamut) mapping

Re: Linearize or tone (gamut) mapping

Hi Yves,

Why do people think your a fool? Did I miss something?

David H

On Jun 24 2008, Yves Gauvreau wrote:

Hi,

I ask you not to trust me and of course don't trust blindly anyone else
either. I suggest you do a search on google for "gamut mapping algorithm"
and find out for yourself how it's (mapping) done in color management.

If you find something that looks remotely like what you do for your digital
negs (linearization) please give me the reference. I ask you all, because I
haven't found anything suggesting that's the way they do it in the color
management world. May be I didn't look at the right place.

I almost forgot, since many folks on this list think I'm a fool and I admit
I deserve it, you may write me offline at gauvreau-yves@cgocable.ca, this
way no one will think your a fool as well.

Thanks,
Yves