To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: glass slides

Hello Christina,

I shoot 6x6 slides and I got myself one of those old fashion slide
projectors that is manually fed, 2 slides at a time, push in the slider
and the slide is projected while you change the other one, then pull it
back to project the one you just put in.

The one I have can project 120 format and 35 format slides. When I got
it, it had a bunch of glass slides measuring 2 3/4 x2 3/4 inches and
3/16 in think that would never have fit into a carousel.

I just did a search on ebay and came up with the following, just to give
you an idea of what they look like and how they work.

http://tinyurl.com/6ccnto

http://tinyurl.com/568qwt

http://tinyurl.com/6j7kmw

http://tinyurl.com/5tj3zx

As you can see, they can be had cheaply.

I have no connection with the sellers. Just thought it might help
solve your problem.

Cheers,
Bogdan

Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

Does anyone know a model number of a projector that would be able to project the old aluminum frame glass 35 mm slides? The frame is quite thick and will not work in my slide projector. The slides will descend but are heavy enough to stay in the slide "hole" and not come up by the spring mechanism, and I don't want to tax the spring mechanism of my slide projector. I figure if I could google a model number I might have better luck finding some such thing on ebay.

Slides are from 40's-50's, maybe earlier. There are two types of aluminum frames; the later ones have plastic "loc" backs, the older ones have sort of an empty back.
Chris

christinaZanderson.com

 Bogdan Karasek
 Montréal, Québec                     bogdan(at)bogdanphoto.com
 Canada                               www.bogdanphoto.com

                    "I bear witness"