U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Soft Focus

Soft Focus

       This is a fantastic book on Soft focus lenses and portraiture.  .
There is a number of master portrait photographers  who describe each  of
their portraits , the lens used, lighting  details ect.. I believe every two
pages is another photographer... The last copy of this sold for over $125 I
believe.

        If you are considering buying a historic soft focus lens, this book
will allow you to compare the effects of each lens..  All Soft Focus lenses
are not created equal as you will see in this book...Personally I like a
portrait lens that  will allow you to focus  sharp toward the center and
blurs off to the edges allowing you to control both the amount of blur as
well as the area that is sharp. Couple this with a very large aperture and
the effect can be   dramatic  producing  halo's , fog, ect on top of the
diffusion..........
Good luck if you buy this book as I am sure you will be pleased.....Most of
these  photographers  and their secrets  are no longer with us.

John Cremati

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140250707633&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004