U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | autochrome

autochrome

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: autochrome
  • From: Gandolfo Jean-Paul <jpgalt1869@yahoo.fr>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:48:33 +0000 (GMT)

Mustafa

With my friend Bertrand Lavedrine, we are writing a book on industrial history of autochrome plate . We hope to publish it with the full text of two factory note books written by Louis Lumiere a the time of the making of the process.

For us, it's a long story starting around 1990. We found the last press used by Lumiere brothers to crush potatoe starch onf the plates and we met several people involved in this story or history, depending of the approach. Among them, the son of the man who produced the poatoe starch from scratch, not so far from Lyon, the city where the Lumiere factory was located. The press was restored in the 90 and in running it again we got the tool to understand the missing pieces allowing us to understand the process in terms of making.

We hope the book will be out of the press fall of this year. You have just to wait some months !

The quote of Gordon is right, you can find a paper about the project in History of Photography (summer 1994 issue).

Best from Paris

Jean-Paul Gandolfo
Louis Lumiere School of Photography
Marne-la-Vallee
France

(I was unable to reply using my old adress so I open a new one associated with Photo Alt)

Envoyé avec Yahoo! Mail.
Une boite mail plus intelligente.