U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Parking Lot Gumprint banners

Parking Lot Gumprint banners

  • To: Alt List <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
  • Subject: Parking Lot Gumprint banners
  • From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 11:22:22 -0600

Dear All,
If anyone is interested, I put a picture on the follow page link of the Parking Lot banner exhibit.

http://christinazanderson.com/Text_page.cfm?pID=1944

I made the originals quite small, 8x10, to fit on my flatbed scanner, scanned them and then printed them out on Bantex (like you find at Costco or Walmart). The banners are 30x40. My intention was to surround the viewer with sumptuous...trash. While serving cheese and yummy wine :)

The women I am standing with are all former students living in Minneapolis. I think I need to put a student work page on my website to show how cool they are. One of them (not pictured) TAed for Christopher James this summer at Maine Workshops and said he is a crazy HOOT. With people like him alt is alive and well.

I also got to meet Ike Eisenlord (thanks, Kerik, for sending him over and good luck on your workshop at the Formulary with him!) and Keith Taylor and Barry Kleider! I got to see Keith's studio setup complete with cappucino machine (a studio to die for) and Barry Kleider brought a book of his student work to coffee. Plus I got to eat at a couple great restaurants in Minneapolis. Such a thriving city despite the frigid winter temps.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson/christinaZanderson.com