U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Lightsource for Gum

Re: Lightsource for Gum

Title: Re: Lightsource for Gum
Hi Bjorn,

I guess everyone does this differently – I take a minimalist approach, because I don’t work bigger than about 28x20 cm (A4 size negatives) which makes everything much simpler.

I use five 20-watt blacklight tubes. They are marked Sylvania Blacklight F20W/350 BL, and are about 60 cm long and 3.5 cm in diameter. Each is fitted to a separate single-tube holder, and these are mounted close together on a piece of board about 68x38 cm. Negatives are exposed at a distance of about 15 cm from the tubes, and I have never noticed any unevenness in exposure. Exposure times are around 5 minutes for gum and 10 minutes for cyanotype.

Anyone else?

Best wishes

Henry