U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Lightsource for Gum

Re: Lightsource for Gum

Hi Bjorn,

First of all see:

http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/UVBox/uvbox.html

and

http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Light/light.html

I use a self made UV box similar to the one pictured in the 1st article.

One exception; my tubes aren't positioned that much close to each other
(they're about 2cm apart). Height was adjusted so that the tubes' bottom
remains around 7.5cm above the contact printing frame. No light banding /
unevenness with my setup.

Oops, another exception is that I used special electronic ballasts so
minimize flickering and maximize output.

You know which tubes I use: Philips '05 series, 60cm. 8 tubes placed 6.5cm
apart (center to center) and 10cm above the printing frame glass (for
extra safety) will evenly illuminate a 50x60cm printing area.

11 Ağustos 2008, Pazartesi, 7:39 pm tarihinde, Bjørn Frostad yazmış: