U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Tone mapping again!

Tone mapping again!

Hi all,

for those interested, I found what I was trying to explain to you all without success it would seems. This time, I'll refer you to not less then the Tiff Revision 6 specification document that you can find here. http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/tiff/TIFF6.pdf By the way, you'll see that this doc was produce by the ADOBE folks themselves in case this matters to you.

To save you the trouble of searching, look at page 75, the beef starts near the end of the second paragraph with the phrase starting with "Satisfactory..." and goes on in the next 2 paragraph.

Though I'm tempted to add my 2 cents, I'll restrein myself.

Regards,
Yves