U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | A good range of gum colors

A good range of gum colors

  • To: Alt List <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
  • Subject: A good range of gum colors
  • From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 08:48:11 -0600

Dear all,
OK, fall is here, September has begun, and it's time for all of us to quit the summer fun stuff and get back to work!

I thought I'd post a page of all the gum colors I use here to jump start the list from its summertime blues:

http://christinazanderson.com/Text_page.cfm?pID=2076

I usually teach tricolor using a PV19 magenta, a thalo blue, and an azo yellow, but students often wish they could have experimented with more color choices so I made these charts of the colors I switch around in. When I get more time to scan I can perhaps put a print next to different swatches so one can see the combinations in practice. It's not really like switching around in colors is going to make a great gum print or anything, in other words it is not a magic bullet, but it is so much fun! My latest favorite is a combo of PB60 Schmincke delft blue, PR179 Daniel Smith Perylene Maroon and PY153 Daniel Smith New Gamboge.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson