To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 4:50 AM
Subject: concentration of 14 baume gum arabic

Dear list members,

does anyone know what concentration of (powdered) gum arabic in water
most likely will come close to 14 baume gum arabic that you buy in art
supply stores?
I've searched on the internet, but could not find a direct answer.
Maybe anyone here can help me out? I'm getting a bit sick of paying
rediculous prices for very small bottles, and have 1 kg of powdered
gum. When I mix it in a 1:1 ratio, the gum looks far more dark that
the regular solution, and I'm afraid that will taint my final
gumprint...

Anyone have any ideas on this matter?

thanks in advance!

cheers,