From: BOB KISS [mailto:bobkiss@caribsurf.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:52 PM
To: 'alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca'
Subject: RE: Building 15x15 camera

DEAR ZEV,
	When you say that the lens "...throws an 18" circle..." am I correct
that you are referring to the diameter of the circle?  If so, please
remember that your 15"X15" camera will have a film diagonal length of more
than 21" so that you will have vignetting of the corners of the film.  If
that is accepable to you, then good.  If not, you will either have to design
a smaller format camera or get a lens that throws a larger diameter circle.
	You might be able to get away with this lens stopped down because,
with most lens designs, the image circle gets bigger as you stop down the
lens.
		CHEERS!
			BOB