U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: question on sizing

Re: question on sizing

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: question on sizing
  • From: Dirk-Jan Treffers <dirkjan.treffers@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 18:12:37 +0200
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;bh=pf021H4hS0OBB1cdmUNSpE4uaoi/yjDto4CqJSZKlfg=;b=CdgSAsjd2lkRN1LZRGBOxZuQfKwmoeGazLm4GVMx7GFqxy/1Drn94sUg5E1mwhTdt+njTlTgmefdS+qVKB8j6dUdbcfdiXZoEu37G+cQIBJLvGInQLBdxf6fkL7KfgI6KAetzDDoJf1SInDlkcsMcREB/Khv3BfhjHBX3SycOnA=

thanx Chris!

I'll try to experiment more with the sizing, since this is quite 'new' to me. (For cyanotype it isn't necessary)...

and about your first comment: You're WAY more experienced them I am, so you'll probablybe able to help with lots more things... I just need to make sure I finally get the proces a bit more unde control, so I will be able to identify problems and ask for solutions on this list. For now, me problems mainly look like 'hmmm after three layers it looks far to reddish to me'. And that kind of problems of course, i figure out on my own by either making a fourth layer with extra blue, or using less pigment in my red layer, or using a different kind of red pigment... for that kind of solutions by the way, I find the website http://www.handprint.com/HP/WCL/water.html  on water colours VERY helpful... But i guess that's a website you guys already know of course ;-) So in the future, be ware of more of my problems/questions ;-)
For now, I'm just lurking and reading on other peoples questions and learning from that!

but than again, thanx for your help!

DJ

(by the way... I already have your book 'Alternative processes Condensed', but I heard from Kees Brandenburg that you're working on a special book on gum only. Any idea when that will be published???)