U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Acids

Re: Acids

From: Dirk-Jan Treffers <dirkjan.treffers@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Acids
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 18:00:54 +0200

> In that case, getting rit of the Vit C and using only the acid, using citric
> acid would be the first acid of choice.

Like I said in my previous posting, citric acid can chelate chromium
(III) and for this experiment I recommended mineral acids. Sulfuric or
nitric acid would be my choice, if I were to conduct such a test and
if I need to get any reasonable conclusion. Acetic acid wouldn't be
too far down the list either, but I'd stay away from acids that can
chelate metal ions.

Ryuji (from a cheap tiny mobile computer)