U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Was Re: question on sizing, now fish eyes

RE: Was Re: question on sizing, now fish eyes

Chris,

I was referring to adding Everclear to the gelatin. Frankly, I wasn't
following the thread very closely, but saw Keith's post about adding
defoamer to the gelatin.

I've never really had problems with fisheyes. I would agree with Keith that
sizing inconsistency is more likely to cause problems than the gum mix.

That said, I often add a squirt of Everclear into 20 ml of
gum/pigment/dichromate mix. It seems this may help smooth the coating a
bit, but I never really have problems getting smooth coats with the foam
rollers I use to apply the gum.

Kerik
www.kerik.com