U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Was Re: question on sizing, now fish eyes

RE: Was Re: question on sizing, now fish eyes

>I've never really had problems with fisheyes. I would agree
>with Keith that sizing inconsistency is more likely to
>cause problems than the gum mix.

Hmmm...I'll have to think back to my original non-sizing
practice to see if I agree but an offlist person said that
he got fisheyes with gum and not casein and both on unsized
paper.

Also, because I get it consistently with magenta and not
yellow I think it must have some relation with the coating
but maybe not the gum, maybe the pigment or who knows.  I'll
watch it for a while and see if I can determine any other
factor that might play into it.

Whatever the case, it is a PITA.
Chris

Assistant Professor of Photography
Photography Option Coordinator
Montana State University
College of Arts and Architecture
Department of Media and Theatre Arts, Room 220
P.O. Box 173350
Bozeman, MT 59717-3350
Tel (406) 994 6219
CZAphotography.com