U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Publication: The Darkroom Cookbook (new third edition)

Publication: The Darkroom Cookbook (new third edition)

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Publication: The Darkroom Cookbook (new third edition)
  • From: Mark <boothm@mac.com>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 23:51:35 -0700

I want to mention that Steve Anchell has released the third edition of The Darkroom Cookbook. Some regular contributors on this forum are featured in his book.

I am very excited about the new material and know first hand that much time was spent to assure its excellent accuracy and very helpful new content. I was privileged to assist with editing, along with Paul Lewis of Canada, Ian Grant of the U.K. and Turkey, and Larry Hussar of Michigan.  Frankly, I am very impressed by the contributing articles and new material, trusting that others will enjoy the book as well.

Contributions were made by Bruce Barnbaum, Rod Dresser, Jay Dusard, Patrick Gainer, Richard Garrod, Henry Gilpin, Gordon Hutchings, Sandy King, Les McLean, Saïd Nuseibeh, France Scully Osterman, Mark Osterman, Tim Rudman, Ryuijie, John Sexton, John Wimberly, and David Wood. Each has contributed some tip or technique in their respective areas of expertise along with a representative photo.

I hope this information will be helpful for those use film and darkroom practices.

I'm sure the DCB will be available in local photographic stores and in bookstores within weeks.
A copy of the 3rd edition can be ordered directly from Focal Press at www.elsevierdirect.com  or Steve Anchell Website.

Thanks,
Mark Booth