U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Fish Eyes again

Fish Eyes again

  • To: Alt List <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
  • Subject: Fish Eyes again
  • From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:43:43 -0600

AHA.
So I was doing my magenta layer this morning and immediately got fish eyes, and lots of them. This was on all four 11x16 prints I was coating. PV19 by I think M. Graham. I photographed them and uploaded an example to the URL below. I would strongly suggest not photographing while you are doing a print because you end up ruining the print in the time it takes to photograph, but here's my sacrifice for the alt list.

Ever since this discussion I have been watching this issue more closely, and so far, still no fisheyes with my yellow pigment. I do coat and then put the paper over a light box to see any coating errors before I hang to dry so it isn't that the yellow is too light to see them.

My blue layer is the next to observe. If it fisheyes as much as the magenta then I'll say slickness of surface exacerbates the tendency tho it is not the whole story.
Chris

http://christinaanderson.visualserver.com/Text_page.cfm?pID=2076

Christina Z. Anderson
http://christinaZanderson.com/