Re: Fish Eyes again
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Fish Eyes again
- From: Keith Gerling <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 12:36:28 -0500
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;bh=NDVy1EgXUOEei65kDsmJfz7RmeQrwsl1bMGWP9T8JQM=;b=K4v7fUzU8pojyjf75XFAs/EymHkkMYLifqXUuNVDkA+ak6xCT+G7YSLP/aiTv3XNjgwr8H/bH1tNq45NHtG9E6M2vvF9c/M+eMxRu394PkUXm28zCvFwc1OWPwnaH44/Rk9eNymjnnHb5kQXWcxcYmJzRBIXbjzE2Xgk328MqAg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma;h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references;b=ZzMNsCiSmxwe9XHSAA0eajkD8HNp6VpOLJOn3nYZ54ekLmIfLC3tbTfVz85CAiz3cD1HmOV3XFhXzViO6sq3Maw+ZbrZ4sdAjF8g4TjvMleELY8Q15kRKEx9Y/lQ90lHqbc8v2WSYQkkl6E8S1JQjyPzFIhdwcMITMhwfVMRWPg=
- In-reply-to: <380-22008921615348273@M2W003.mail2web.com>
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <email@example.com>
- References: <380-22008921615348273@M2W003.mail2web.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nice to know that they do still make the 190 proof. All I can find
anymore is 151 and the (apparently clueless) shopowners told me that
there was no such thing as 190.
If you do get stuck with 151, it still makes an awesome lemoncello:
Peel a bag of organic lemons - try to avoid any pith. (make lemonade
Cover the peel with Everclear and let sit for 10 days.
Strain and sweeten to taste with sugar syrup - 5-6 cups of sugar
Store in the freezer.
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:03 AM, email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> When I was in Montana teaching at the Formulary 3 years ago, I sent my wife
> and kids to the local liquor store in Condon to buy TWO half-gallon bottles
> of Everclear so we could drive it back to California, where it is not
> available. The wet plate collodion process uses a lot of the 190 proof.
> That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
> Original Message:
> From: Christina Z. Anderson email@example.com
> Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:09:16 -0600
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: Fish Eyes again
> I think so--here is where shockingly enough sexism plays a role. A woman
> going into a liquor store buying Everclear in the day? Not good. But
> evening--they may think that I am making one of those slushy things.
> Everclear is just sooo.....wrong. I went into a liquor store in South
> Carolina to get my bottle and at the counter I told the guy I was using it
> in a photographic process and he said, "Yeah, whatever lady..." and he was
> NOT being nice about it.
> Christina Z. Anderson
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Alberto Novo" <email@example.com>
> To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:00 AM
> Subject: Re: Fish Eyes again
>> Is it better to buy Everclear during the evening? :-))
>>> I'll try that in the future but I ran out of my Everclear and I always
>>> embarrassed to buy it at the Liquor Store during the day because I get
>>> really funny looks :)
> mail2web - Check your email from the web at