U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Paper for Pt/Pd

Re: Paper for Pt/Pd

I'm with Mark on handling because of wet strength. That said, I
know people who swore by Crane's platinotype and Diploma parchment
seems to handle similarly - so it is usable - just requires gentle
handling in transfers between washes etc.

I use Crane's platino and parchment for cyanotypes because processing
time is much less.

I too noticed the much warmer cream color of Diploma parchment.
I would run a test print or few - it might work well with the warmer
Palladium look?

I use COT 320 for Palladium - massive wet strength. Lasts throughout
all washing. Beautiful surface... Expensive I think.

Kozo has phenomenal wet strength - but I have mixed feelings on the
paper overall - still playing with it.

This probably doesn't help.