U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Ruined 3rd tricolor gum print! Grrrr...

Re: Ruined 3rd tricolor gum print! Grrrr...

Ah, I love gum. I've always said that the thing I love most about gum is that it resists ideology, and this is a perfect example.

I agree absolutely about the cyan layer providing the "bones" of the tonal structure of the print, but that's exactly why I like to print it last. Your reasoning makes perfect sense to me too, but for me it's easier to see that the "bones" are right when the rest of the print is already in place. There's no right answer; it's just different ways of looking at things.
Katharine