U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Masa-gum question for Keith Gerling

Re: Masa-gum question for Keith Gerling

Keith,

Inspired by your work, I started using masa myself for gum (and at 97 cents a sheet at our local Jerry's here, that price is hard to beat!). I really like it and have had no problems with it. I think it was Sam who mentioned a while back about laying the wet paper on a flat sheet of glass to dry, and so the glass works like a suction. I've done that, and when dry, the paper peels right off-- very flat. I use a humidifier in my darkroom, so I've not had any problems coating with it either, but my prints have never been larger than 14" or so in any direction, which probably helps. I also lay the paper on a piece of glass to coat. But it's great paper. Thanks for telling us about it. I haven't used the smooth side yet, though. How is that?

Diana