U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Masa-gum question for Keith Gerling

Re: Masa-gum question for Keith Gerling

Keith can you please hint these problems? I have two packs of 100 sheet
Masa paper on hand and definitely want to use this paper in the future...

My observations is as following:
- The paper change dimensions considerably, especially after few layers
(due image shrinkage), because it's so thin. Therefore, registering in
subsequent printings can be hard.
- The nappy side (as Katharine names it) holds gum well but is relatively
ugly, the smooth side is too slick and hard to work (to me).
- It dries very fast (non-issue to me since I work with a hairdryer even
with Fabriano Artistico and can finish a 4 layer print in an evening,
excluding the sizing step...)
- It's cheap. (Featuring Judy's expression ->) Did I say it's cheap?

23 Eylül 2008, Salı, 11:47 pm tarihinde, Katharine Thayer yazmış:

> On Sep 23, 2008, at 11:10 AM, Keith Gerling wrote:
>
>> Thanks!
>> There are disadvantages working with masa, but the price makes up for
them.  With masa you actually get two papers, as the rough side and the
smooth side are completely different.  There are actually a few
interesting little surprises that await those willing to experiment.