U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Recent work: was Re: tri-color gum at last , nr 2

Recent work: was Re: tri-color gum at last , nr 2

Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

Don't stop with the gum prints either :) I love it when people post URLs to a print they are working on. It makes the list more active. I wish more people would be less shy about showing their work.
Ok, I'll bite :)

Here are 2 prints I did to take a break from another series that I had started and was getting frustrated with trying to get predictable results. In these 2 prints, I used some soft focus images and more or less randomly chose colors to work with just to see what would happen. Gum is supposed to be painterly, no?

http://lavatop.com/gums/index.html
http://lavatop.com/gums/index2.html

Christina...about your scraped prints. I say scrape away! It adds another dimension to the look. So what if it's not a "purist" approach (whatever that is).
Laura